Friday Flooding: Route 1 Reopened at Dam
Patch will keep an updated list of road closures around the area
UPDATE (4:48 p.m.)—U.S. Route 1 over the Conowingo Dam has been reopened, according to Maryland State Police, who earlier Friday said it would be closed through the weekend.
A duty officer for the state police said Friday afternoon that it is a "distinct possibility" the Route 1 bridge over the dam could be closed again this weekend.
If that happens, the most direct route to cross the Susquehanna River from the Harford County shore is from Route 1 to Route 161 to Route 155 to Interstate 95.
In addition Route 1, the following roads are closed or affected due to flooding:
- Stafford Road beginning at Shuresville Road
- Rock Run Road between Old Level Road and Stafford Road
Havre de Grace (areas and roads)
- Lapidum Road between the I-95 overpass and Stafford Road
- Yacht Basin
- Lafayette from Young Street to Concord Street
- Concord Street between Revolution and Girard
- Hutchins Park
- Behind the Water Plant and the American Legion
- Water Street from Ostego to Erie
- Lockhouse Drive
- Madonna Road from Mellow Road to Carea Road
Police ask drivers not to attempt to drive through and water moving across the road.