It’s the last hurrah of summer. Schools are back in session but Labor Day offers one last chance to enjoy a long holiday weekend before vacations become a memory. Whether you head to the beach or enjoy a backyard cookout, remember to protect yourself from the sun.
It’s still hot outside and the sun’s rays are just as strong. That means sunburn is just a big a risk as ever. Excessive heat exposure can also lead to heat cramps and heat exhaustion. Enjoy some Labor Day fun, but do so safely.
- Always use sunscreen, even when it’s cloudy and reapply at least every 2 hours.
- Wide brimmed hats will help protect your ears and neck from the sun.
- Drink water throughout the day in order to stay hydrated.
- Wear appropriate light-weight clothing.
- Avoid strenuous outdoor activity in the heat. Take frequent breaks in a cool place