There will be no vehicles allowed on West Bel Air Avenue between Law Street and Route 40 in Aberdeen Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. so don't park or drive there.
Santa and Mrs. Claus will be arriving by sleigh for the parade, which is scheduled for 3 p.m. Saturday.
The parade is one of several activities planned for Aberdeen's Christmas Street Celebration, which has the theme of "Christmas Dreams" for 2013.
Here's the agenda:
- 7–11 a.m. Breakfast with Santa, Grace United Methodist, 110 W. Bel Air Ave.
- 9 a.m.–2 p.m. Christmas Craft Fair, Aberdeen Fire Hall, 21 N. Rogers St.
- 10:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m. Aberdeen Room Museum, 18 Howard St.
- 1–2 p.m. Nativity Scene Display, Grace United Methodist
- 2 p.m. Bel Air Avenue Street Fair, Grace United Methodist
- 2–6 p.m. German Christmas Market, Festival Park, 34 N. Philadelphia Blvd.
- 3 p.m. Christmas Street Parade, South Law Street
The parade starts on South Law Street, turns right onto Bel Air Avenue, makes a left on Howard Street and will disband at Festival Park, according to the Aberdeen Police Department. Police noted that if there is a need for more space during lineup for the parade, drivers could see delays on Plater Street, Market Street and Warren Street.
What's your favorite part of Aberdeen's Christmas Street Celebration? Tell us in the comments!