The detail took place on US Route 40, US Route 1 and Interstate 95, roads frequented by drug traffickers and other suspected criminals, according to a statement from the Harford County Sheriff's Office.
Officers from the Harford County Sheriff’s Office, Cecil County Sheriff’s Office, Maryland State Police, Aberdeen Police Department, Havre de Grace Police Department, Elkton Police Department and Perryville Police Department participated in the effort, the statement said.
In an eight-hour detail on May 1, police said officers reported the following results:
- 179 traffic stops, resulting in 52 citations and 130 warnings
- 24 arrests, many on outstanding warrants
- 20 bags of heroin found in two separate seizures
- 33.7 grams of crack, or 150 rocks
- Marijuana and suboxone were also seized
Crime, Control, and Prevention—was to identify criminal activity, arrest perpetrators and seize drugs, according to the Harford County Sheriff's Office.