In Town Motel Fire Displaced Residents, Caused $15K in Damage

The fire broke out Saturday morning at the Route 40 motel.

In Town Motel (Credit: File Photo/Aberdeen Patch)
In Town Motel (Credit: File Photo/Aberdeen Patch)
Approximately 20 people were displaced as the result of an accidental fire at the In Town Motel in Aberdeen Saturday morning, according to fire officials.

At 3:19 a.m. on Saturday, a tenant in one of the rooms at the motel in the 400 block of South Philadelphia Boulevard discovered the fire, the Office of the State Fire Marshal reported.

The Aberdeen Volunteer Fire Department, Susquehanna Hose Company, APG and Abingdon Fire Company responded, Harford County Fire & EMS said.

There was "heavy fire" upon the arrival of firefighters, who spent 30 minutes bringing the blaze under control, Harford County Fire & EMS reported.

No injuries were reported in the blaze, which resulted in the displacement of 20 residents, according to the report.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the owner of the motel was assisting the tenants.

According to the fire marshal, the fire was caused by placing combustibles near a heater and it was ruled accidental. The blaze resulted in $10,000 in structural damage and $5,000 in damage to items inside, the fire marshal reported.
vietnam vet January 05, 2014 at 12:55 PM
The people that lived there were poor to start with. they didn't need this. But I'am sure red cross came to there aid.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »