Soldering Iron Causes Edgewood House Fire

Units from the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company, Abingdon Volunteer Fire Company and the Aberdeen Proving Ground Fire Department responded to the call.

A fire broke out on the porch of an Edgewood home Monday morning, and firefighters quickly extinguished the flames.

Fire officials believe the blaze started when a hot soldering iron ignited nearby combustible materials, according to a release from the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company.

Around 9:30 a.m. someone called 911 reporting a house in the unit block of McCann Street in Edgewood, the release states. The Joppa-Magnolia fire chief arrived first at the scene to find a small fire inside the enclosed porch of the single family home.

Fire trucks from the Joppa-Magnolia company's Edgewood Station arrived within minutes of the fire chief and put out the fire, the release states. No damage was found inside the home and no injuries were reported.

Firefighters from all three Joppa-Magnolia stations responded to the call along with units from the Abingdon Fire Company and the Aberdeen Proving Ground Fire Department.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »