The Harford County Board of Education will be discussing the federal and state economic climate Monday in the context of the school system's needs.
On Nov. 19, the school board will review a legislative platform heading into 2013. The report cautions that the school system's budget requests come at a time when the potential for federal budget cuts is on the horizon, and the "fiscal cliff" may "throw the state's plans into reverse" as far as funding goes.
The following is the agenda for the school board's meeting Monday, as posted Sunday evening on the Board of Education's website:6:30 PM Call to Order - Mr. Francis F. Grambo, III, Board President
Quorum Roll Call6:35 PM Recognitions:
Adoption of Agenda
Pledge of Allegiance
- Hall of Fame: Mr. C. Scott Sharnetzka
- Emerging Leader Award: Mr. Richard Wilhelm, Ring Factory Elementary School
- Simon McNeely Award: Ms. Jessica Harcarik, Magnolia Middle, Mr. Jeffrey Gilbert, Red Pump Elementary, Mr. Mark Zvitkovitz, Fallston Middle
Old BusinessAction Item(s):7:40 PM A. Consent Agenda:
1) Monthly Report on Personnel (Goal 3)
2) Minutes of Previous Board Meeting: November 5, 2012 (Goals 1 - 4)
3) Resolutions: (Goal 2)
- School Psychology Week
- Inclusive Schools Week
- International Education Month
- Retiring Employees
New BusinessAction Item(s):7:45 PM B. Decision on Promotions and Appointments, Jean A. Mantegna (Goal 3) 7:50 PM C. Decision on 2013 Legislative Platform, Kathryn M. Carmello (Goals 1 - 4)
Presentation(s):8:05 PM D. Presentation on Financial Report for Period Ending September 30, 2012,
James M. Jewell (Goal 4) 8:20 PM E. Superintendent's Report
Closing8:30 PM Future Meetings Review
The Board of Education meets at 102 S. Hickory Ave. in Bel Air.