The final day of school in Harford County will be later than originally planned, Harford County Public Schools (HCPS) announced.
Each year, the Maryland Department of Education requires students to be in school for 180 days.
Since HCPS missed four days so far in the 2012–2013 school year due to weather, students will have more school days in June than originally anticipated.
- For students in kindergarten through eleventh grade, the final day of classes will be Friday, June 14.
- For prekindergarten, the last day will be Wednesday, June 12.
Without any inclement weather days, the 2012–2013 school year was slated to end June 11 for most students and June 6 for prekindergarten.
However, HCPS canceled school on January 28 due to a wintry mix and on due to Hurricane Sandy.
As a result, HCPS canceled staff development day on Tuesday, April 30. Students would have had that day off; it will now be a regular school day. HCPS also added June 12, 13 and 14 as school days.
- How Harford County Schools Respond to Winter Weather
- Last Day of School (HCPS website)
- 2012–2013 School Calendar (HCPS website)