Thursday, February 14, 2013
A fire broke out late Thursday morning inside an Aberdeen apartment.
UPDATE: (2:20 p.m.)—A fire that started inside an Aberdeen apartment building Thursday injured a mother and her two children, fire officials say. Around 10:16 a.m., fire crews were called to the building in the 200 block of S. Law Street in Aberdeen, according to a post on the official Harford County Fire and EMS Facebook page. Firefighters arrived at the scene to find heavy smoke coming from the building, the post states. The fire was contained shortly after 10:34 a.m., according to Rich Gardiner, spokesman for Harford County Volunteer Fire and EMS Association. A 26-year-old woman and her two boys, ages 2 and 4, suffered burn injuries, according to Gardiner. The injuries to the two children were considered very serious, Gardiner said. Two…
Friday, February 1, 2013
A house fire in Riverside drew firefighters from throughout the county Friday afternoon.
A fire broke out in a Riverside townhome Friday afternoon, causing thousands in damage. Around 2:49 p.m. the homeowner noticed a fire inside the home in the 4300 block of Foxglove Court, according to a release from the Maryland State Fire Marshal. Thirty firefighters from Joppa, Abingdon, Aberdeen and Bel Air Volunteer Fire Companies responded and controlled the blaze within 10 minutes, the release states. The fire caused about $10,000 to the building and about $5,000 to what was inside it, according to deputy fire marshals. Investigators believe the fire started accidentally in the home's master bedroom.
Monday, January 28, 2013
Check out the top stories from this weekend.
Minister, Civil Rights Leader Dies Vernon Dobson, a minister and leader of the civil rights movement in Baltimore, died of a stroke, on Saturday. He also served in the Navy during World War II, according to The Baltimore Sun. Baltimore's VA Office Worst in Nation The Baltimore office of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs takes a year on average to process claims from service members, and make more mistakes then any other office in the nation, according to The Baltimore Sun. Police Identify Man Shot at Lutherville Light Rail Stop Patch reports Harold J. Blandon, Jr., 35, was identified as the man shot and severly wounded at the Lutherville light rail station. Three Alarm Fire Damages Rosedale Shopping Center A fire broke out in the …
Monday, December 3, 2012
Units from the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company, Abingdon Volunteer Fire Company and the Aberdeen Proving Ground Fire Department responded to the call.
A fire broke out on the porch of an Edgewood home Monday morning, and firefighters quickly extinguished the flames. Fire officials believe the blaze started when a hot soldering iron ignited nearby combustible materials, according to a release from the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company. Around 9:30 a.m. someone called 911 reporting a house in the unit block of McCann Street in Edgewood, the release states. The Joppa-Magnolia fire chief arrived first at the scene to find a small fire inside the enclosed porch of the single family home. Fire trucks from the Joppa-Magnolia company's Edgewood Station arrived within minutes of the fire chief and put out the fire, the release states. No damage was found inside the home and no injuries were …
Friday, December 30, 2011
Firefighters controlled the blaze on Wheaton Lane within 20 minutes.
Flames drew firefighters to a Churchville home late Thursday night, but they quickly contained the blaze. Around 11:45 p.m. Thursday, firefighters arrived on Wheaton Lane in Churchville and discovered flames flickering from the roof of a home in the 300 block, according to Rich Gardiner, spokesman for Harford County Fire and EMS Association. Firefighters from Level, Bel Air, Darlington and Aberdeen volunteer fire companies controlled the fire in about 20 minutes, according to Gardiner. The residents escaped the home without injury, according to Gardiner.
Saturday, November 19, 2011
A student was charged with malicious burning and reckless endangerment on Friday, the Maryland State Fire Marshal's office announced.
An unidentified Aberdeen Middle School student is charged with setting a fire in a trashcan inside a school bathroom Friday morning, according to a statement from the Maryland State Fire Marshal's office. Although it was extinguished and contained inside of the trashcan, Deputy State Fire Marshal Oliver Alkire stated in an email to Patch, "this type of behavior can lead to panic and possible injuries." The student was charged as a juvenile with malicious burning and reckless endangerment, according to the statement. The student has a history of setting fires and will be referred to the Department of Juvenile Services and the State Fire Marshal Juvenile Firesetter Program," according to Alkire's email.