Thursday, January 24, 2013
The fire took place Wednesday afternoon on Shore Drive in Harford County.
A heating unit used to keep stray pets warm ignited a fire Wednesday that damaged both a boat and the Joppatowne house where it was parked, the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said Thursday. The fire caused approximately $225,000 in combined damage to the boat and the residence, which is located on the 600 block of Shore Drive in Joppatowne. According to the fire marshal, the fire began with a malfunctioning heating pad in the boat—a 22-foot Cuddy Angler. The boat was parked in the driveway of the residence. The report from the fire marshal said: "Owners discovered fire after smelling smoke while inside their home. Owner attempted to extinguish the fire with two kitchen style extinguishers but not before the fire extended into the …
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
The fire took place Wednesday afternoon in the Harford County waterfront community.
Volunteer crews are battling a fire at a residence in Joppatowne. The blaze involves a boat and a house, and started around 2 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of Shore Drive in Joppatowne, according to Rich Gardiner, spokesman for the Harford County Fire & EMS Association. No further details were immediately available. Stay with Patch for updates. — » Follow HarfordCoPatch on Twitter for breaking updates. — Find more Edgewood & Joppatowne news on Patch. Share your own news, photos & video here.
Sunday, April 8, 2012
A fire burned through woods along Dembytown Road Sunday afternoon.
Residents on Dembytown Road in Joppa were being evacuated late Sunday afternoon after a five-alarm fire spread in the woods near their homes. Approximately 70 volunteer firefighters from Harford and Baltimore counties, as well as firefighters from Aberdeen Proving Ground, responded to the 500 block of Dembytown Road, according to Rich Gardiner, spokesman for the Harford County Volunteer Fire & EMS Association. The initial call came at 12:45 p.m., and sirens blared for hours on Easter Sunday. Residents of Dembytown Road were being transported to Joppatowne High School. There were no injuries or structural damage reported, Gardiner said. The acreage consumed by the fire was not known as of 5 p.m., and the fire was not entirely under …